Like hotels, houseboats vary in degree of luxury and have been accordingly graded by the Department of Tourism. A luxury houseboat, like a luxury hotel has fine furniture, good carpets and modern bathroom fittings, while the 'D category' (the lowest category) of houseboats, like low-budget hotels, is spartanly furnished. Like hotels too, houseboats vary widely in their locations. Some overlook the main road, others look out onto lotus gardens and yet others face tiny local markets and villages, all right in the middle of the lake! All houseboats, regardless of category, have highly personalized service. Not only is there always a "houseboy" for every boat, but the owner and his family are never far away. The cost per day of hiring a houseboat includes all meals and free rides from the houseboat to the nearest jetty and back, as no houseboat on the lakes is directly accessible from the banks.
- Drawing cum sitting room with latest modern facilities i.e. furniture ( Walnut Made) and fixture
- A full fledged Dinning room ( Walnut made furniture dinning table and Chairs) with latest modern cutlery and crockery.
- Pantry with latest modern utensils etc.
- The Houseboat consists of 2 - 5 Bed rooms with walnut wood made beds, Dressing table, peg Tables and Bed Side Tables along with latest modern mattresses, pillows, bed covers and other required linen, besides having attached bath with latest modern sanitation and other accessories ( geysers etc.). One has running hot and cold water in the respective bath rooms.
- Drinking water systems are filtered to I Micron absolute with additional treatment.
- All boats have large holding tanks for toilets and grey water tanks.
- Upper decks have child-proof railings and there are special life jackets for the kids.
- There is no worry about taking small children aboard the houseboats.
- All boats are modern, clean and very well equipped.
- The full bathrooms have hot and cold running water and are completely stocked.
- The kitchens have oven/stove, microwave, fridge as well.
- Sheets, pillows and blankets are provided for each bed.
- The boats have thermostatically controlled heat, 12 volt lights, AM/FM CD players, generators and TV-VCRs and DVD players.
All roofs are sun decks accessible by stairs
complete with steering station and picnic tables.